Saturday, October 24, 2009

Baked Potato Please...

I got home from work a few days ago and I was hungry so I decided to make a baked potato. I washed it off and placed it on a paper towel in the microwave. I put it on for about nine minutes, thinking that was a good amount of time and planning to check on it before the nine minutes were up. I went in the other room to talk to Scott about his day and before I knew it I forgot about my potato. I ran in the kitchen and opened the microwave and this is what I found...

The microwave was filled with smoke and a horrible burnt scent. The smoke covered our kitchen and then into our our living room and through out our house. My poor husband was running around turning off the fire alarm, opening all the doors and windows and doing this...

It has been about four days and our house still smells like smoke even though we have been keeping all the windows open, which makes it quite freezing.
Thanks Scott for dealing with me and all my silly ideas.


4 comments:

Brittany said...

ha ha hill! you are cute! oh adventures in cooking.

Robertson Family said...

Cute! hehehe Next time wrap it in cling wrap and then bake it. The paper is probably what could not handle the heat!

elise lauren photography said...

Haha! Girl. I have the SAME STORY!

I was wanting a snack, so I put a banana nut muffin (you know the huge ones from costco) in the microwave for like 4 minutes, having really no sense of time at that moment..ovbiously . And I hopped in the shower, hoping that when I was finished, it would be perfect to the taste...but no, during my shower, the bathroom was smoky, because the door was open, and it smelt like something, other than something burning. So I finished my shower. Got changed. Then it clicked..MY MUFFIN! It had burned to a little crumb and now our microwave is ruined.

The Wellings said...

haha poke the top with a fork a couple times or trim the ends off a little, put it on a paper towel and microwave for 4-5 minutes. :)