Thursday, October 14, 2010

What A Wonderful Surprise!

Scott's alarm went off at 3:15AM this morning and he insisted on giving me my birthday present.  I was half asleep and thought he was crazy, since my birthday isn't till Monday and it was the middle of the night.  He persisted so I slowly opened the card and I read the sweet words he wrote and was even more confused since there was a good amount of cash inside the card but nothing to explain.  I went on to open the present and there was a boarding pass inside, for a minute I just kept asking questions... where is this to, do I have work, what about you, does anyone know, where am I staying???  Scott just smiled and said you're going to DC and everything is worked out.  I was so excited but still really confused how he kept a secret for so long but thanks to so many wonderful people (Natalie, Brittany, Christine, Melissa), most importantly my husband I am leaving in a couple hours for Washington DC and everything is ready for me to a have perfect birthday weekend.  I just wish Scott could come but he is holding down the fort at home.  
What a wonderful husband! :)

3 comments:

Rachel F. said...

Hooray! The secret's out! I hope I get to see you this weekend!

Ben, Hannah, & Baby Jane said...

I love this!!! That is so much fun! Have fun in DC and we will celebrate your birthday when you get home.

Brittny said...

that is sooo exciting!!! have tons of fun!